A new accessibility feature in iOS 16 allows you to mirror an Apple Watch to your iPhone. Justin Sullivan/Getty Images
- To mirror your Apple Watch on your iPhone, enable the feature in the Accessibility section of the Settings app on your iPhone.
- The Apple Watch is fully interactive and you can control it using swipes and taps on the iPhone.
- You need to have iOS 16 and watchOS 9 on an Apple Watch 6 or later.
The Apple Watch has a relatively large display — in fact, the Apple Watch Ultra has a substantial 49mm case. Even so, some people might benefit from an even larger display, so there's an accessibility option to mirror your Apple Watch on the iPhone. This is a fully interactive Apple Watch interface that you can control on the iPhone screen.
To mirror your Apple Watch on the iPhone, you need to be running iOS 16 or higher and your watch should be running watchOS 9 or higher. In addition, this feature only works with an Apple Watch Series 6 or later. If in doubt, check your version of iOS and update your iPhone if needed, and update your Apple Watch to watchOS 9 as well.
How to mirror your Apple Watch on the iPhone
1. Start the Settings app on your paired iPhone.
2. Tap Accessibility.
3. Scroll down and tap Apple Watch Mirroring, then turn on Apple Watch Mirroring by swiping the button to the right.
After a few moments, you should see a blue outline appear around your watch face on the Apple Watch. This indicates the screen is being shared. The watch should appear in a pop-up window on your iPhone.
You can control the Apple Watch from the iPhone using tap and touch gestures:
Scroll. To scroll the watch screen, swipe the iPhone display up or down.
Change watch faces and screens. Swipe the iPhone display to the left or right.
Press the Digital Crown. To simulate pressing the crown, tap the Digital Crown on the iPhone.
Press the side button. You can press the side button by tapping the side button on the iPhone.
Call Siri. To start Siri, tap and hold the Digital Crown on the iPhone.
To stop mirroring, just tap the X in the Apple Watch mirroring pop-up window.